Solas Bhríde Centre
Tully Road, Kildare Town, Co. Kildare
Solas Bhride is an education and retreat centre dedicated to the teachings and memory of St.Brigid, Ireland’s only female saint. It comprises exhibition and hospitality areas, teaching and workshop spaces, hermitages for pilgrims and some residential facilities.
Solas Bhride has achieved an A rating for energy, quite a success given the dispersed nature of the design, which is laid out ot maximise connections to views, sun and the various garderns and outdoor spaces. It is made of natural materials and employs natural ventilation and daylighting in its servicing.
- Hybrid Air Source & Geothermal Heat Pump for Heating System.
- Micro Opti Heat Underfloor heating
- Solar Heat Recovery via Underfloor Heating System.
- Mechanical Heat Recovery System for Ventilation of Internal Rooms.
- Combination of Exhaust Air Heat Pumps and Solar Thermal for Hot Water Generation.
- Dynamic Thermal Modelling for Natural Ventilation and Solar Over-Heating of the large glazed Brigid and Flame Rooms.
- Low Energy Facade including High Levels of Air Tightness contributing to the Building’s “A” Energy Rating.
- 2015 Best Green Construction project in 2015 Green Awards
- 2014 Best Sustainable Initiative (Manley Construction)- Irish Construction Awards 2014
- 2014 Fit Out Sustainability Achievement (Manley Construction) Fit Out Awards
- Solearth Architecture
- Feb 2011 - Oct 2014